The SDMCC is a cyber challenge for middle and high school aged youths. It is organized and conducted by National Defense Industry Association (STEM education group), Securing Our eCity Foundation, Leidos, and National University.
The challenge is open to any and all youths of middle and high school age. Participants can join through their school, youth organization or a business sponsor.
From a field of 71 school, and 125 teams, we would like to congratulate the top ten finalists in 2016:
- CastlePark High School
- Eastlake High School
- Eastlake Middle School
- Fremont High School
- Grossmont High School
- La Jolla Country Day School
- Oak Valley Middle School
- Robert F. Kennedy Community School
- Ramona High School
- Westview High School
A special congratulations goes out to the top three winning teams!
First place was awarded to Westview High School with the San Diego Mayor’s Cyber Cup and a $4,500 check! CONGRATULATIONS Westview!
Second place was awarded to Ramona High School! They received a $3,000 check! CONGRATULATIONS Ramona!
Third place was presented to Oak Valley Middle School! Yes, you read this correctly – a middle school! They received a check for $2,300! CONGRATULATIONS Oak Valley!
Thanks to sponsoring organizations and individuals including: SOeC, Atkins Global, ESET NA, SDG&E, NDIA, Andrew Lee, Leidos, Cubic, and Northrup Grumman, a $15,000 scholarship purse was shared between the ten finalist teams and further their cyber studies.
Later this summer we will be providing a match-up between schools and mentors from industry. If are interested in registering a team or becoming a mentor, please click here and complete the form, indicating SDMCC-2017 and if you are registering a team or if you want to become a mentor.
Goals of the Challenge:
- To encourage young minds to learn more about and explore the world of cyber security
- Inspire individuals to look into the field of Cyber Security and Information Assurance as a possible career choice or field of study
- Create interest and awareness amongst participants while allowing participants to demonstrate skills they already know, learn new ones, and practice a sense of teamwork and communication
- A scholarship purse with a minimum of $5,000
- Attendance to a week-long Cyber Boot Camp – top ten (10) teams
Ready? Recorded training videos can be found at: